Breville Coffee Maker Reviews
Long ago, the task of preparing a hot cup of delicious cup was more involved and tedious. You had to consider grounding coffee beans to start your day.
However, that is no longer the case because there are so many technologically savvy coffee makers on the market.
You can have your pick of any brand, size, shape, capabilities or price.
Well-known manufacturers consistently release updated models or new inventions that seem to catapult, coffee making, into the 21st century.
One such brand is Breville.
They have been selling these kitchen appliances for many decades.
You can thank them, among others, for making it so easy to rise and shine in the morning with your favorite cup of coffee.
Whether you want a fresh brew waiting for you, from a well-timed blend working on a timer, or some espresso-making appliance, it is all possible in today’s world.
Learn More About the Breville Brand
Breville launched their brand in the early 19th century. The Australian company started out by providing kitchen products from 1932. From Sydney, they were able to devise attentively constructed and smart inventions. These items are available in over 70 countries all over the world.
This iconic global brand takes a serious interest in making the daily lives of its consumers that much easier.
This is why they gather consumer insights and this further enhances people’s lives. Breville delivers kitchen products to enhance greatly their customer’s capacity to get even the simplest task done, in a more remarkable way. They also do so with as little effort as possible, from the sanctuary of their kitchen.
The manufacturer is truly an innovative kitchen appliance brand.
According to their Breville website, they “invest heavily in finding new and better ways to do things in the kitchen. This often leads to breakthroughs in the form of inventions and designs.”
They work hard to make sure there are no patent infringements. As they say, “we also respect the rights of others who have new kitchen ideas and patents.
To help ensure that we don’t tread on each other’s toes we have included here a list of Breville products protected by U.S. patents.”
Reviewing the Breville Coffee Maker Varieties
Breville manufacturers several coffee makers to suit your varying needs. They each have their own specifications to help you enjoy your favorite cup of coffee.
There are seven types of coffee makers available from Breville. These include:
- Automatic Presets and Customizable: With 6 unique brewing modes you can enjoy the perfect, balanced coffee exactly the...
- Precise and Adjustable Temperature: Great tasting coffee requires precise control over temperature, flow rate and...
- Gold Cup Standard: In Gold Cup preset mode, the Breville Precision Brewer automatically adjusts the water temperature...
This particular model is available in brushed stainless steel. The Breville Precision Brewer™ Glass is known to “brew craft filter coffee automatically.”
It is touted as “the world's first 60 oz. drip coffee maker.” And its capacity to make a craft filter cup of coffee automatically helps to ensure that no matter the origin, age or roast, you get a fresh cup.
The BDC400BSS1BUS1 Breville coffee maker is priced at USD279.95 on the manufacturer’s website.
The product specifications include:
- Breville's patent pending steep & release valve holds the water in contact with the coffee when small cup volumes are...
- In gold cup preset mode, the Breville Precision Brewer automatically adjusts the water temperature and brew time to meet...
- Brew any volume of coffee exactly how you like it with the flat bottom & cone filter baskets, both included
This is the thermal version to the previous coffee maker model. However, the Breville Precision Brewer™ Thermal costs under USD283.83.
This model gives you the ultimate settings for contact time, flow rate, and temperature.
- Thermo-Coil Heating System: conveys water that is more uncontaminated than classic brewing systems which make use of aluminium
- Pump: choose any of the three varying flow rates to make contact time idyllic
- PID Control: regulated and accurate digital temperature control
Enjoy a lovely cup of coffee in the mornings with your new Breville Precision Brewer™ Thermal coffee maker.
- 8 Strength Settings: Choose from 8 strength settings or choose Pre Ground coffee option to brew coffee just the way you...
- Brewing Capacity: Single cup with variable size options or upto a 12 cup carafe; Dimensions:9 inch (W) X 14 inch (D) X...
- Removable drip tray for 7.5 inch height clearance to fit tall cups and travel mugs; if Carafe overflows: Always ensure...
The BDC650BSSUSC Model comes with a modifiable calibration and grinder function to go well with your coffee making preferences.
The pioneering integrated grinder permits you to confine the freshness and essential oils from your coffee beans. It does this by starting the grinding process just prior to brewing, using the "Steep and Release" technology. Or you can also decide to prepare your coffee straight into a travel mug for easy transport or a carafe. It filters into tall cups as well.
There are a number of features of this Breville coffee maker, which you can enjoy.
- Stainless Steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- 60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind
- Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 1 second increments and consistent dose every time
“The Dose Control ™ Pro lets you grind directly into the portafilter, gold-tone filter basket, or paper filter. The choice is yours.” It also gives you minute-by-minute control of your device and grinding process.
For just USD159.95, you can get your own BCG600SILUSC Model Breville coffee maker, on the manufacturer’s website.
The Dose Control™ Pro has 60 precise grind settings, which guarantees that you get your freshly roasted beans just how you like it. “This machine’s stainless steel conical burrs minimize grind heat and protect essential oils where fresh coffee flavor resides.”
In terms of product specifications, this model has:
- Stainless steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- 60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind. Voltage: 110 120 Volts. Power:...
- Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose every time
The BCG820BSSXL Model comes in three styles. These include black sesame, cranberry red and stainless steel. Using its Dosing IQ technology, the mechanism is able to grind intelligently.
The Smart Grinder Pro™ can be acquired for USD199.95 on the Breville website. On Amazon, you can get the Breville BCG820BSSXL the Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder, Brushed Stainless Steel product for USD180.30. It also comes with free shipping.
“With 60 unique settings, this programmable conical burr grinder maximizes the potential of any brew.” You can further select the 'cups' option to get a French Press. Additionally, there is the Filter selection, which gives you 'shots' for Espresso.
Using these guides will have you salivating over your favorite cup of coffee, every time. “Grind directly into a portafilter or an air-tight container.”
Features of this model include:
- Latte frothing disc for smooth and silky milk
- Cappucino frothing disc for thick and creamy froth
- Hot chocolate maker; by simply adding drinking chocolate powder, flakes, or syrup to the warming milk
This stainless steel kitchen appliance gives you the best rich and velvety sizzling milk drinks, every time. The Milk Cafe™ Breville coffee maker is priced for $129.95 on the manufacturer’s website.
This BMF600XL model offers a surprising treat. You can look forward to a bubble bath of hot milk drinks
All you have to do is select the suitable frothing disc, put in some milk, choose your temperature, tap the start button and you can settle down, relax and look forward to brewing perfection.
This kitchen appliance has the following features:
- Blend and aerate rich chocolate shavings or cocoa powder with the touch of a button
- Magnetic whisk driven at variable speeds to provide various milk texture levels
- Settings include hot chocolate, cappuccino, latte, baby latte
Get the “smoothest hot chocolate without stirring by hand” when you invest in a Hot Choc & Froth™ coffee maker. This requires a small investment of USD139.95.
The BMF300BSSUSC model makes it possible to enjoy any blend you prefer. These include baby latte, latte or cappuccino, as well. This is possibly due to the incorporated magnetic whisk, which can be set to different speeds. And when it is done, you have a perfect milk texture.
If you love to “blend and aerate rich chocolate shavings or cocoa powder with the touch of a button” then this is the ideal kitchen appliance for you.
Product specifications for this Breville coffee maker include:
What Do Customers Say About Breville Coffee Maker?
After being in business so long, the Breville Company has released quite a few products throughout the years. This means there are lots of customer reviews.
A buying customer is an ideal person to tell you frankly, what is going on with the Breville coffee makers. And that is no matter how the manufacturer boasts about it. So, we combed the internet for several reviews that would aptly sum up what the majority of buyers think about this product.
One Amazon customer, who bought a Sesame Black Breville coffee maker started out with a bit of a bumpy patch, but found a resolution and kept the product.
Hear what B. H. had to say, “after 4 months of use: I love it! Just prior to boxing this and returning it Amazon, I decided to give it one last chance.”
Luckily, she did because she heeded some advice from fellow reviewers. “Many purchasers on here said the grounds jar/receptacle can partially block the grounds chute in many positions. For instance, if you push the jar all the way back, which feels natural, it partially blocks the chute.
This chute is extremely sensitive to being blocked. So some people suggested using a different receptacle, removing the lid, and trying to position it better etc. I simply removed the lid. This worked wonders! 4 months in and I have not had it bind once.”
As you can see, human error or a simple manufacturing defect can ruin your experience.
Then another customer highlighted that “laying down over 2 bills for a coffee grinder was a bit unnerving. Still, after buying grinder after grinder in the $40-$90 range for years you, at some point, realize you are just wasting money. … I can say it is good to be right!”
Which Breville Coffee Maker Fits You Best?
Pay attention to this lesson learnt. Be vigilant about your purchase of this kitchen appliance as well.
Cheaper does not necessarily mean better. Over the years, you would have spent more money. Investing in a proper coffee maker could eventually save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.
So, consider getting your own Breville coffee maker, and you will have many mornings where you wake up to a nicely flavored and sumptuous cup of coffee.