Toaster ovens have been around since the turn of the century and serve as a staple appliance in most kitchens today. In this review, we will be talking about the 6 Slice Convection Toaster Oven by Euro-Pro, originally released back in 2003.
This is a powerful little toaster oven with convection heating and an extra wide oven capacity that can stand up to many of today’s newly released models. Read on for an overview of the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven’s best features, pros and cons of the model, and how it compares to some of the top modern toaster ovens.
6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven Features
The 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster has a variety of different features that work together to provide a powerful oven performance. Let’s take a look at some of the most notable features.
1. Extra Large Oven Capacity
The 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster has an extra-large oven capacity that can fit entire meals without taking up too much counter space. The oven interior is large enough to fit 6 slices of bread at once if placed in two rows of three.
For frozen pizza lovers, you can easily fit an entire 12” pizza into the oven without worrying about it hitting the sides. Place the rack on the lowest rack level, and you can fit a full chicken in the oven using a standard roasting pan.
2. Convection Technology
Convection heating elements have become extremely popular in today’s ovens due to their superior ability to cook food quickly and evenly.
Convection baking is different from traditional baking as it uses a fan to circulate the heat around the oven interior. This helps food to cook more evenly and reduces cooking time by about 20%. It also helps food keep its moisture, so you won’t end up with hard toast or dried out meat.
The 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster has a convection indicator light that lets you know that the convection setting is working to evenly cook your meal.
3. Adjustable Temperature Range
The knob at the top of the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven can be used to accurately set the oven temperature.
The temperature range starts at 150 degrees Fahrenheit and can be set at 50-degree intervals up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can use the lower temperature settings to delicately melt butter on toast or crank up the heat to cook roasts or casseroles.
4. Six Different Cook Settings
The middle knob controls the various cooking settings that can be utilized by the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven.
You can easily turn the knob to turn to set the oven to toast, keep warm, bake, grill, or broil. Use the toast option to evenly brown bread or melt cheese on top of nachos.
The bake, grill, and broil options can be used to cook large pieces of meat or bake perfectly brown pastries.
The keep warm function can help keep your meals warm until it’s time to serve or can act like a microwave to reheat leftovers.
5. 60 Minute Timer
The 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven has a 60-minute timer that can be set using the bottom knob. The timer is set in 10-minute intervals, with small notches indicating the 5-minute marks in between.
Once the timer runs out, it will shut off the oven and make a loud noise, so you know your food is ready.
There is also the “Stay On” option, which allows you to keep the oven running until you manually shut it off.
6. Cool Touch Sides and Handle
Toaster ovens need to generate a lot of heat, which can lead to safety issues such as burns and fire hazards.
The 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven has double-insulated sides designed to help keep heat from coming into contact with its surroundings.
It also has a cool touch handle that resists the transfer of heat, so you can open the oven door without getting burned.
7. Three Oven Racks
There are three levels of oven racks that can be used with the included removable wire wrack. The different levels allow you to place your food closer to or further away from the heating element, which is useful for different types of cooking.
For example, the top position to best for toasting, while the bottom position is better suited for roasting or baking.
8. Removable Crumb Tray
There is a flat, stainless steel crumb tray that is located on the bottom of the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven. This crumb tray is designed to collect anything that falls off of the food you cook, which helps with cleanup.
The crumb tray can be removed from underneath the oven door, so you won’t have to worry about sticking your hand into a hot oven interior.
6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven Pros
- Large Oven Capacity. The 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven has a large oven capacity that allows you to fit 6 large slices on the rack at a time. It’s also enough room to heat up a full 12” pizza without having to worry about the crust burning against the oven walls.
- Small Profile. Despite the large capacity, this unit doesn’t take up very much space on your counter. The entire toaster oven measures approximately 21”x16”x13, which can easily fit on even the tightest of counters.
- Convection Heats Evenly. The convection heating on the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven works like a dream, creating the perfect cook no matter what you are preparing.
- Can Cook Entire Small Meals. This toaster oven is versatile enough to work as the sole oven for a one to two person meal. It has plenty of space for multiple dishes, so you can bake everything you need all at once.
- Easy Controls. The knobs on the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster are easy to move and provide an extremely accurate measurement of both time and temperature. Everything functions automatically, so there’s no need to fuss with complicated settings.
6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven Cons
- Hot Exterior. You won’t want to touch this toaster oven when in use as heat tends to radiate out from the sides.
- No Longer Made. The Euro-Pro brand has been discontinued, so they are no longer making the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven. This makes it very difficult to find a brand new model
- Flimsy Knobs. One of the largest complaints about this product is the poor quality of the knobs. Many customers reported that the knobs broke off in as little as a few months of use.
- Difficulty Finding Replacement Items. Since Euro-Pro doesn’t manufacture these toaster ovens anymore, it can be difficult to find replacement parts for this model. NinjaShark, which replaced Euro-Pro, no longer supports their discontinued toaster oven warranties.
What Customers are Saying About the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven
On Amazon, the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven has a rating of 3 out of 5 stars, based on 38 customer reviews.
Customers who reviewed highly praised this model for even cooking, especially when using the convection setting. Many say it fits well in a small area, and it works well as an oven for one to two servings.
Customers who rated this unit poorly complained about issues with the knobs breaking, with many saying they needed to replace the knobs every few months.
Viewpoints is an online service that gives customers a platform to review products, with a focus on appliances. The 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven has a rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on 18 reviews.
The most positive reviews praise the oven’s ability to cook evenly, especially when it comes to roasting meats.
The more negative reviews claim that the oven dries out bread and complain that the exterior can get too hot to touch during use.
Where to Buy the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven
At the time we’re writing this review, the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven is no longer being manufactured. This means that you will be unable to purchase this model from any online or retail store.
You can check auction sites such as eBay, though there do not seem to be any listings for new or used models at this time.
However, there are some users who are still selling replacement parts for those who already have this oven.
How the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven Compares to Other Toaster Ovens
Oster Large Digital Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
The Oster Large Digital Countertop Convection Toaster Oven offers all the convenience of a microwave with the quality cooking power of a convection oven.
It has incredibly simplistic controls with a digital display for more precise cooking settings. You can adjust the racks in the large interior to accommodate 12” pizzas or even fit in a large roast in with the included baking pan. The 90-minute countdown timer displays on the LCD screen and lets you know exactly how much time is left before your food is done. You can use this oven at three different settings: bake, convection bake, or broil.
To adjust the temperature, simply press the + / – temperature setting for one of the most accurate temperature controls found in modern toaster ovens.
- 6-slice convection toaster oven for faster, more even cooking
- Convection technology and a wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F let you cook with the convenience of an oven
- Digital controls with 7 cooking settings and an interior light for easy viewing
Black+Decker Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
The Black+Decker Countertop Convection Toaster Oven is the Amazon’s Choice pick for the best toaster oven, and it’s not hard to see why.
This convection toaster oven features intuitive digital controls with easy-to-use buttons and plenty of fine-tuned settings. It has a total of eight cooking functions to choose from, including bake, broil, toast, bagel, pizza, frozen snacks, potatoes, and cookies.
It has a dual-position rack that can fit most standard baking pans, or a 12” pizza. The 120-minute timer is displayed on the digital LCD screen and has an automatic shut off feature for when the timer runs out.
The toaster can heat up to 450 degrees and can be adjusted at any time without the need to disrupt your food.
- Convection heating fan circulates warm air throughout the oven for fast, even baking. Plus, two rack positions for...
- Digital Controls easy-to-use buttons provide precision control over time, temperature, and function: bake, broil, toast,...
- 120-Minute Timer with automatic turns off when the timer runs out, oven dimensions (L x W x H) 22.8 x 13.4 x 15.5 inches
Our Final Thoughts on the 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven
The 6 Slice Euro-Pro Toaster Oven is a great little unit, but it can be difficult to find as it is no longer being manufactured.
In recent years, Euro-Pro shut down their operations to reopen under the Ninja brand. While the Ninja brand still produces kitchen appliances, they focus more on blenders and multi-cookers. Currently, there are no new Ninja toaster ovens being made.
If you’re looking for a new toaster oven, we recommend that you look for a newer model, such as the two we recommended above.
However, if you happen to get your hands on a 6 Slice Convection Euro-Pro Toaster Oven, you’ll have yourself a great little appliance that is sure to provide excellent results.