Most of us are aware that fried food is not something we should be eating every day if we want to maintain our health. However, there’s nothing quite like the delicious taste of a deep fried French fry or onion ring.
Below, we reviewed three Farberware air fryers to see if they could indeed deliver a decent French fry.
What Is An Air Fryer And How Does It Work?
Air fryers are solid looking kitchen appliances that sit on your countertop and are suitable for cooking any food that you would otherwise fry in a pan or deep fryer. They’re a lot safer than traditional fryers because you only need a little, if any, hot oil to make them work.
To use an air fryer, you need to place the food in the basket that comes with your appliance. The basket sits above a drip tray and you will need to shake the basket periodically to ensure all the food gets cooked evenly. Your air fryer will cook French fries, onion rings, pastries, meat, fish, and chicken.
Air fryers cook your food in a way that’s like a convection oven. A thin layer of oil coats the food and a mechanical fan circulates hot air to cook it. The temperature in air fryers needs to get to around 200 degrees Celsius, or 392 degrees Fahrenheit to “fry” things properly.
Is Farberware A Reputable Brand?
A company that’s been around for a several years is usually one that’s built a strong reputation for creating high-quality products. Farberware has been creating cookware 1900 when S. W. Farber began using copper and brass to make bowls and other houseware products.
In the 1930s, Farberware branched out into making kitchen appliances, beginning with coffee percolators before quickly developing their well-known electric frying pans. Since then they’ve continued to add new products to their catalogue as technology advances.
Farberware is now produced by the Meyer Corporation who state they are actively working towards reducing their impact on our environment. They do this by using solar and wind power as much as possible and recycling wherever they can. They’ve also implemented other initiatives like low-voltage desktop computers for admin staff and have reduced the product packaging that they use.
How We Rated The Farberware Air Fryers
Value for money was a consideration when we rated the air fryers rather than the actual cost of the product. We’ve found that people are often happy to pay a higher price for appliances if the product has enough features to recommend it.
As the air fryer usually sits on the kitchen benchtop, size was an important factor in deciding our ratings as was the style and look. Customer reviews were also taken into consideration where available.
The Farberware Air Fryer Models
Farberware has a small range of air fryers on the market which can be bought through Amazon.com. However, if you want to save on shipping costs you can also buy instore at Walmart and some department stores.
- Multi-functional and versatile, for frying, baking, grilling and roasting with little-to-no oil added | Great for...
- Powerful air frying technology with rapid hot air circulation system gives your food a crispy fried finish | Cooks...
- No oil smell, no splatter, no mess | Fast cooking performance and very short preheating time enables you to prepare a...
This model is described as versatile and can be used to for baking, grilling, and roasting, as well as air frying. The air circulation system means your fries are crisp and your roast vegetables are cooked to perfection. The beauty of this air fryer is you aren’t left with that greasy smell in your kitchen that other types of fryers give you and there’s no oil splatter all over your kitchen surfaces. Pre-heating only takes a couple of minutes and your meal is cooked quickly.
This Farberware Air Fryer has a stylish look and is finished in black so won’t look out of place on your benchtop. It has non-slip feet for safety along with cool-touch handle and housing. An extra safety feature is the protective plastic cover that sits over the food basket release button. This means you can’t accidentally drop the food basket or holder.
26.6in X 14in X 13.2in
- 8 easy-to-use preprogrammed cooking options 3-liter capacity, cooks up to 2 lbs of food
- Digital touchscreen control panel: set the time and temperature that you want, or select from 1 of the 8 easy-to use...
- Temperature selector from 150 to 400 degrees F Healthier alternative to traditional frying using little-to-no-oil
Lower in price than our previous model this one looks just as stylish but in white instead of black. It has 8 pre-programmed settings you can use to cook, or you can set the timer yourself. The basket is dishwasher safe and the product itself will only need a quick wipe-down after use.
14in X 12.4in X 12.4in
- Extra large, 21 cup food capacity allows you to feed plenty of people with this small deep fryer up to 12 servings of...
- Uses an adjustable timer with audible tone so you know exactly when your food is ready
- This electric fryer features an immersed heating element for fast heating and cooking
This is a good price for a model of this size that allows you to cook 2 different types of food at once with the use of a food separator. It comes with a non-stick barrel pan and the basket is also manufactured with FDA approved non-stick coating.
The parts are all dishwasher safe and the fryer has non-slip feet and cool-touch housing. For extra safety this fryer uses a protection circuit that keeps an eye on how hot your fryer is getting.
14.5in X 14.5in X 16in
How Farberware Air Fryers Compare With Other Brands
With kitchen appliances, you usually get what you pay for and air fryers are not the exception to that rule. There are larger, and more expensive, brands than Farberware on the market but whether that means they are a better quality or that they will last longer remains doubtful.
We compared the Farberware air fryers with some others currently available for sale on Amazon:
- EFFORTLESS COOKING: With the 6 Qt. PowerXL Air Fryer, you can oven air fry rotisserie for savory chicken and pork...
- RAPID AIR TECHNOLOGY: Rapid Air Technology enables the PowerXL Air Fryer to surround your food with a whirlwind of turbo...
- 7-IN-1 MULTI-COOKER: Super-heated turbo cyclonic air surrounds your food with crisp 360° air circulation to replace...
This model comes in two sizes: a 6qt or an 8qt basket size. The dimensions are 19.4in X 16.4in X 16.3 in and it weighs 20.4lbs. Considering the size and weight, it does not seem unreasonable. It also comes with more features than any of the Farberware models including 10 stainless steel skewers, a rotating mesh basket, a rotating rotisserie spit, and 3 air flow racks. It boasts 1700 watts and is described as Chef-quality. The three cooking levels means that you can easily cook a varied meal that will serve the whole family.
- FULL FLAVOR, ZERO GUILT BY USING LESS OIL: The airfryer technology is the healthiest alternative to frying with oil. On...
- FRY, BAKE, GRILL and ROAST - ALL in ONE: Fries, grills, bakes, and roasts food using a tablespoon or less of oil to make...
- 2 EXCLUSIVE COOKBOOKS INCLUDED: This air fryer comes with 1 Cookbook and and Additional e-book with more than 50 Recipes...
This one is similar in size to the Farberware models with dimensions of 13in X 11.5in X 12.2. It weighs 11lbs and comes with two recipe books containing over 50 recipes.
The reviews for this brand are mostly positive and the fryer appears to work exactly as it should. It has a stylish look and features cool-touch housing. As far as quality and features go its on a par with Farberware’s FT 42138 BK model.
- DESIGNED IN CALIFORNIA. Slimmer footprint lets this XXL 12qt Air fryer Oven fit on your countertop and save space....
- FAMILY SIZED & SPACE SAVING DESIGN. 3 rack levels allow you to prepare family-sized quantities for up to 10 people at...
- THE FULL AIR FRYER OVEN PACKAGE. This XXL Multi-Functional Air Fryer Oven is equipped with 8 Digital Presets. Pre-set...
At the same price as Farberware’s 5-liter air fryer this model appears to be of similar quality and similar in size and weight. Where it differs is the features that come with it. Simple Living’s fryer has the standard recipe book but also a handy accessory set.
Other features are the same as Farberware’s such as non-stick surfaces, automatic shutoff switches and cool-touch housing. The reviews would suggest that it may take some trial and error to learn the right temperatures to cook different foods, but this could also be said of the Farberware air fryers.
Our View Of Farberware Air Fryers
Farberware Air Fryers are a reasonable price and come in a range of sizes, so you shouldn’t have too much problem finding one to suit the size of your family. In comparison with the other brands we looked at, Farberware holds up well in price and size. However, keep in mind that we did not find any information regarding the longevity of the other brands.
We recommend that you shop around before you buy, as many reviewers mentioned that the fryers could be bought cheaper at Walmart than on Amazon. It was also mentioned that Walmart provided a 2-year warranty that Amazon did not.
The Farberware Air Fryers are a much healthier option than traditional deep fryers and they cook your food quicker than conventional ovens. After saying that, buying an air fryer does not seem to be a long-term investment as these fryers are not the type of appliances that continue to work well after several years of use.
Farberware air fryers come in either black or white and depending on the rest of your kitchen appliances this may very well be a deciding factor on which you choose to buy. On the other hand, the air fryers are not full of oil, and are therefore light enough that they can be stored in a cupboard when not being used.
There’s no doubt that an air fryer can be a valuable addition to any household, particularly one whose members want to follow as healthy a lifestyle as possible with their diet. They won’t leave your kitchen smelling of oil, and area considerably safer than frying on the stovetop or with a deep fryer.
Farberware’s air fryers are as good a quality as any others currently on the market and as technology improves, so will the life and features of these appliances.