“Fried foods aren’t good for you.”
“You really need to cut down on those fried foods.”
“You ate what fried? That’s so bad!”
If you are a lover of all things fried, you’ve probably heard these phrases a couple times in your life—and are pretty darn tired of hearing them. Sure, you recognize that fried foods aren’t the healthiest options out there, but they just taste so good… If only there were a way to make fried food that isn’t extremely unhealthy.
But surprisingly, there is! While most foods are fried by submerging them in a vat of fattening oils, air fryers fry food without the massive quantities of oil. The consequence: delicious fried food that you can eat and enjoy without worry. Kiss those anti-fried sentiments goodbye!
While air fryers have been around for several years, they’ve become increasingly common in the past year. With the recent push to improve our food quality and they we eat, this is hardly surprising. With air fryers, you can have your fried chicken and eat it too.
With the increased popularity of air fryers, there are now multitudes of brands and products available on the market. How are you supposed to know which air fryer to get with so many options out there ready and available?
That’s why we’re here. In this article, we’ll cut down on some of the doubt and uncertainty by providing an in-depth review of the Gourmia air fryers.
It is our goal to provide you with as honest and unbiased information as possible, so that you can make a confident and informed decision come purchase time.
What is Gourmia?
Before we dive into their products, let’s take a quick look at the company itself.
Gourmia is a company who has made it their mission to provide regular families with easy-to-use appliances that make cooking gourmet, healthy meals both easy and affordable. They offer a wide variety of cooking appliances and other tools, as well as tips and recipes.
For more information on Gourmia, check out their company website.
What are Gourmia Air Fryers and How Do They Work?
While traditional deep fryers fry food by submerging them in a vat of boiling oil, thereby adding fat to the food, air fryers take a different approach.
Rather than oil, they use targeted, heated air to “fry” the food. This air is traditionally blasted around the food at a high rate, crisping the outsides while cooking the interior. Only a small amount of oil is used in the cooking process.
While Gourmia offers several appliances geared specifically toward air frying, it also offers several multi-cooking options. These include appliances that function as air fryers, grillers, roasters, and more.
What Makes Gourmia Air Fryers Unique
Why Use an Air Fryer?
As mentioned above, air fryers are a great way to go if you want to eat healthy but still enjoy fried food. They allow you to completely avoid deep fried foods while still getting the same flavorful and delightfully crispy experience.
But how is cooking in an air fryer any different than cooking in an oven? Both use heated air to cook food.
However, while ovens use gentle fan motions to distribute heated air, air fryers use specialized rapid air technology to target your food at every angle. This is what lends the fried food its crispy nature, and it cooks the food faster, too.
What Foods Can Air Fryers Make?
There are, of course, staples when it comes to fried foods: French fries, fried chicken, fried fish, chicken-fried steak… You don’t have to stick to these foods when using your air fryer, though. As the person who first fried the Twinkie discovered, you can basically fry anything, even in air fryers - so longs as it fits.
Most air fryers also come with helpful recipe guides so you can get the most out of your air frying experience.
Most air fryers come in a compact style ideal for counter operation, though you should be wary of sizing if you have cupboards hanging over all of your counter space. Most designs feature a frying bin that pops easily in and out of this appliance for easy loading and cleaning.
Most fryers also have built-in timers and preset cooking modes, so you can be sure to cook your food to perfection each and every time.
Some appliances offer features beyond the general air frying capabilities. These include cooking modes such as roasting, grilling, broiling, and more.
Bestselling Gourmia Air Fryers
Now that we’ve given a bit of an overview about what Gourmia air fryers are and how they operate, let’s take a closer look at some of their top products.
- Key Features: This 120v air fryer incorporates the traditional removable frying basket as well as a removable cake pan. It offers multiple presents for frying, including chicken, fish, steak, and more. It has a built-in timer that can be set for up to 60 minutes and is set through an easy to use adjustable dial.
- Design: The design of this Gourmia air fryer takes on the form that is common to many air fryers: kind of egg-shaped with a flat top. Holding up to 4.5 quarts, this is on the bigger side compared to most air fryers.
- Customer Response: Customer response for this product is overwhelmingly positive. Users love the food that it makes and affirm that it is quick and easy to use. The main complaint that users have is that it’s a bit bulky, a common complaint of air fryers.
- Price: $199.99
- ZERO OIL: Roast, bake, broil, grill, and of-course FRY all of your favorite foods with a fraction of the calories,...
- POWERFUL TECH: New rapid air RadiVection technology circulates hot air at an incredible speed, to evenly fry up your...
- 4.5 QUART: Basket boasts a spacious capacity, cool touch handle, and pops out with just a click for easy cleaning.
- Key Features: This Gourmia air fryer can essentially do it all. In addition to air frying, it features 11 included attachments that make this cooker suitable for grilling, frying, baking, steaming, roasting, and more.
- Design: This appliance’s design is a bit reminiscent of a slow cooker in shape. As for the rest of the design, it certainly looks high-tech. It offers numerous easy to use buttons paired with an LED-lit timer and temperature monitor.
- Customer Response: Users state that this product is extremely easy to use and creates great-tasting food, and they also love the inherent versatility all its modes and attachments offer. There have been reports of the product ceasing to function after several months, however.
- Price: $249.99, though you may be able to find cheaper deals on Amazon
- 6 PRESETS: LED display features manual cooking controls of up to 60 minutes and 450°F, a delay timer of up to 10 hours,...
- POP POPCORN!: Quickly reaches an incredible 450ºF- so hot you can broil, pop popcorn or even roast coffee! The clear...
- FAT FREE: A combination of turbo-charged convection heat and powerful halogen light cooks food to delicious, crispy...
- Key Features: This is a pretty standard air fryer made of quality materials, such as stainless steal and non-stick plastic. In addition to frying, it can roast, grill, and bake, and it has that convenient reusable frying basket.
- Design: Where this air fryer really stands out then to warrant its price is the space it allows. You can cook a volume of up to 5 quarts of food, rather high for this type of product. While this may result in it getting a little bulky, it’s worth it for the extra food.
- Customer Response: The customer response of this product is the most positive of any of the air fryers we’ve already discussed by far. They state that not only is it incredibly easy to use, but that it’s built to last (at least longer than other traditional air fryers).
- Price: $119.99
- FAT FREE: RadiVection 360° Technology allows you to roast, bake, broil, grill, and of course FRY all of your favorite...
- ALWAYS CRISPY: Perfect Crisp System and removable, nonstick tray make food crispy on the outside and moist and tender on...
- QUICK RESULTS: Express Heat System cooks food up to 30% faster than an oven
Other Popular Gourmia Air Fryers
Other commonly used Gormia air fryers include the Gourmia GAF355 Hot Air Fryer ($99.99) and the Gourmia GMF2600 - 9 In 1 Air Fryer & Multicooker ($219.99).
When it comes to high and low-end air fryer products, the cheaper products tend to be smaller and made of cheaper plastic materials, though this hasn’t been a huge issue with Gourmia’s products like it is with others. More expensive air fryers, on the other hand, tend to be larger and serve as a multifunctional cooker.
You’ve probably been able to glean some idea of the price range of air fryers based on the products discussed above, but we will now directly discuss pricing for further clarity.
Gourmia’s air fryers tend to be priced roughly between $100-$250. This is a smaller range on both ends, as the general price range for air fryers elsewhere is generally between $50-$300.
It is perhaps for the best that Gourmia doesn’t offer cheaper $50 air fryers—these tend to have high complaints of faulty manufacturing and are also made from low-quality materials.
Public perception of Gourmia and their air fryer products is all around pretty positive. While some of their products are a bit pricier than those from other brands, they don’t suffer from many of the same problems.
For instance, many customers who purchased air fryers from different companies for a cheaper price have complained that the nonstick plastic surface of the frying basket flakes off. There have been no such complaints of Gourmia’s products.
How They Compare
Now that we’ve taken a close look at several of Gourmia’s air fryers, let’s see how they compare to the competition in terms of price and quality. Below, we’ll be comparing the Gourmia air fryers to the Cook's Essentials 3.4-qt Manual Air Fryer and the NuWave Brio Air Fryer.
This is a great an example of standard low-priced air fryer. It holds 3.4 quarts, so while it’s certainly not huge, it’s not tiny either. It maintains the classic pseudo-egg shape and is available in a variety of colors to match any kitchen.
Users love the food that it makes, but they wish they could make more of it in the limited space. This is also one of those products made from cheaper plastic, so the nonstick surface of the frying bin tends to flake off—and no one wants plastic in their food.
This behemoth of an air fryer can hold up to 10 quarts, roughly 5 quarts more than any other air fryer reviewed on this list. This large air fryer, then, is ideal for cooking food for the whole family, and enough to fill them up, too.
This large black appliance takes on the form of a hollow, round-corned square. The top features a temperature display and a variety of buttons making up a control panel similar to the one you’d find on an average oven.
While this product may be large, it doesn’t offer any exciting bells and whistles or different cooking modes like the smaller Gourmia air fryers. So, this product has one job, and it does it well, and only that.
- Air Frying - The Healthier Way: Makes scrumptious fried foods that taste the way they should, without the oily mess
- Even Heat Distribution: Hot air combined with high-speed air circulation cooks your favorite foods evenly and quickly
- Temperature Control: 100F to 390F temperature range in five-degree increments
Pros and Cons
Now that we’ve seen how the Gourmia air fryers fair against the competition, let’s go over a few of their predominant pros and cons before we draw our conclusion.
What We Think of the Gourmia Air Fryer
It’s hard to generalize over an entire product line, but we’ve done our best to provide the right information that will lead to a conclusive, informed opinion.
Overall, we quite like the Gourmia air fryers. With their great variety in size and function, there is an air fryer out there for just about anybody. Though these air fryers do tend to be a little pricier than some of their competitors, it is generally because of the quality of the material used to make the product. This results in longer-lasting appliances well worth the money.
Overall Rating: 4 stars